Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thanks To Google

It's fun to create a blog. You are free to express everything and let the world know what you think of something. But this blog wasn't that easy.

When this blog, grupong-kul.blogspot.com was first created, we already got a problem. We don't want the dash in our subdomain (because it separates the 'g' and 'k') and instead, we want to use grupongkul.blogspot.com but it is unavailable. I forgot that I am the one who created that blog in 2008 but never put a content in there. In short, it's my fault why it is unavailable.

Luckily I got to remember the email and password I used and then I got access to the old empty blog. I deleted the blog assumming that we can use the dashless subdomain. But when we tried to apply the dashless subdomain to our new blog, it said that it is (still) unavailable. We didn't know that when you delete a blog, you can't use its subdomain anymore for new blogs. I felt sorry but I still tried to do something. I contacted Google for support, hoping that the deleted blog's subdomain can still be used.

Below is a copy of our conversation with Google.
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We have received your legal request. We receive many such complaints each
day; your message is in our queue, and we'll get to it as quickly as our
workload permits.

Due to the large volume of requests that we experience, please note that
we will only be able to provide you with a response if we determine your
request may be a valid and actionable legal complaint, and we may respond
with questions or requests for clarification. For more information on
Google's Terms of Service, please visit http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS

We appreciate your patience as we investigate your request.

Regards,
The Google Team



Original Message Follows:
------------------------
From: eleandre007@gmail.com
Subject: Your Request to Google
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 14:37:30 +0000



AutoDetectedBrowser: Firefox 4
AutoDetectedOS: Windows XP
IssueType: lr_legalother
Language: en
companyname:
country_residence: PH
dmca_signature: Jay Ocampo
dmca_signature_date_day: 04
dmca_signature_date_month: 06
dmca_signature_date_year: 2011
full_name: Jay Ocampo
hidden_product: sites
legalother_explain: I created this blog, http://grupongkul.blogspot.com/

in 2008 but I didn't use it. Now I want to create a blog and I want to use

the URL I used previously, but I cannot access my account anymore. I
cannot
remember the email I used to create the blog, neither the recovery email.

Please help delete this blog, as it has no content and safe to delete.
url_box3_1: http://grupongkul.blogspot.com/

Then after four days, Google replied:

from The Blogger Team blogger-support@google.com
to eleandre007@gmail.com
date Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 2:33 AM
subject Re: [#814127016] Your Request to Google
mailed-by trakken.google.com
signed-by google.com

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

We have received your DMCA complaint. Upon recent review of the blog(s)
mentioned in your complaint, it appears that the post(s) in question no
longer exist(s). If this matter is still a concern, please reply to this
email with detailed information to enable us to locate the allegedly
infringing content.
- Hide quoted text -

Regards,
The Google Team

Then I said:

from Jay Ocampo eleandre007@gmail.com
to The Blogger Team
date Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:35 AM
subject Re: [#814127016] Your Request to Google
mailed-by gmail.com

Hi,

Good thing it has been deleted, but even it is deleted, I cannot use the URL http://grupongkul.blogspot.com cause it says it cannot be used again. Is there any way that I can use the URL again?

And finally,...

from The Blogger Team blogger-support@google.com
to Jay Ocampo
date Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 7:29 AM
subject Re: [#814127016] Your Request to Google
mailed-by trakken.google.com
signed-by google.com

Hello Jay,

Thank you for your note. This subdomain has now been released and is
available for new blogs.

Regards,
The Google Team

Yeah! Google allowed us to use the deleted blog's subdomain. Thanks to Google!

We are now using grupongkul.blogspot.com as our blog address, dashless as it should be, Thanks again, Google!

0 comments:

Post a Comment